Graduate Engineer, BHP Laboratories Ltd
Who we are:
BHP Laboratories Ltd is in the measurements business. We provide services in Materials Testing & Inspecting (MTI) and in Analytical Chemistry (AC). We employ 60 engineers, scientists and support staff at our customers sites and in our laboratories in Thomondgate, Limerick.
What the role will involve:
This project will enable BHP to research, develop and accredit the provision of new and topical construction-related tests within its laboratory.
We want to improve our existing services and develop new services in our MTI business.
In particular, we want to improve our sampling and testing protocols for the following materials and measurements:
- Dynamic probing, standard penetration testing, boring and sampling.
- Measurement of soil strength
- Measurement of soil resistivity, redox potential and microbial activity
- Measurement of Pyrite concentration and resistance to wear (micro-Deval coefficient)
You will be part of a team of engineers and scientists working to develop our services.
Your role will be to assist with the following activities and tasks:
- Gathering information on the current state of the art for individual projects.
- Identifying suppliers of materials and equipment.
- Preparing draft protocols for sampling and measuring
- Validating the draft protocols
- Preparing submissions for extending the scope of our ISO 17025 accreditation.
What you will receive:
You will learn to work as a member of a team.
You will also learn a lot about soils, aggregates, the needs of our customers and the development of measuring and testing protocols.
As well as an attractive salary offering of €36,000, the successful graduate will lead this project, in a supportive partnership with Ulster University and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
We need you to have:
- A primary degree (or equivalent) in civil engineering or geology.
- An interest the properties of soils and aggregates
- Legally permitted to work in ROI
We would like you to have:
A post graduate qualification and experience in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology or concrete technology
To apply for this opportunity and for further information, please visit: https://intertradeireland.com/career-boost/current-vacancies/
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!