Within the Trading Technology stream of our Options Graduate Programme, you will have the opportunity to work with major financial institutions and the world’s top trading technology vendors such as Calypso and Murex. This stream offers an accelerated entry point to a career in capital markets trading and risk management platforms.
In this role, you will work with a team of trading technology experts to design, develop, implement and support a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems for the benefit of our clients. You will combine your technical skills and financial knowledge, which will be further developed through the Capital Markets Training Programme, to help our clients address their challenges or implement new systems.
Those chosen for this stream will:
- Receive a highly sought after transferable skill set in a trading system such as Calypso/Murex used by the majority of the leading global financial institutions
- Experience accelerated career development, underpinned by our continuous investment in learning world-renowned third-party trading and risk management technologies.
- Receive on-going mentoring and learning opportunities through our detailed Capital Market Training programme
- Be given an outstanding opportunity to apply their learning to immediate, real-world issues with internationally recognised clients.
What we look for:
- A combination of technical skills and business understanding and the ability to apply knowledge to client projects
- A passion for learning, with a particular interest in developing your technical and finance skills.
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- Strong academic background – ideally ABB or above at A-Level (or equivalent) and a 2.1 degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar discipline
- Commitment to the 2 year training period, which rolls into a full-time permanent position
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!