The Software Engineering role is a unique opportunity for highly technical graduates with an interest in cutting-edge technology and the capital markets sector. Those chosen for this stream will help us develop our world-leading Kx Technology or go work as a Software Engineer at our client sites around the world. Graduates must be keen to continuously develop their skillset both technically and financially, whilst also being able to communicate effectively with other members of a small team and the end-user, often a trader.
Those selected for this role will embark on an exciting career that combines technical prowess with business insight and commercial acumen. Successful candidates will be exposed to the latest technologies, including the market-leading kdb+ database and q analytics language, machine learning applications and more.
What we look for:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits
- Strong academic background – ideally ABB or above at A-Level (or equivalent) and a 2.1 degree in Computing, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Engineering or a similarly quantitative discipline
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not essential
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- Commitment to the 2 year training period, which rolls into a full-time permanent position
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!