R&D Chemist (BSc/MSc level)
BioAtlantis Ltd. is an innovative biotechnology company, specialising in the development and production of bioactives from natural sources for the plant, animal and human health markets. The company is recruiting a talented chemist who will work on the extraction, purification and analysis of complex, natural-based products, spanning R&D and QC departments.
- Develop extraction and purification procedures for natural products at lab scale.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis using laboratory analytical techniques.
- Make stable and efficient formulations to meet desired specifications and cost objectives in plant bioscience and animal feed area.
- Conduct literature searches, review publications and prepare reports.
- Follow industry standards on scientific significance, accuracy, safety and record keeping.
Qualifications & experience:
- Keen interest, aptitude and skill in natural products extraction, purification & isolation of active compounds.
- BSc. or preferably MSc. in Chemistry or related discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of wet chemistry techniques and instrumentational analysis/interpretation is required.
- Prior industry experience with knowledge and experience in carbohydrate chemistry is preferable.
- Expertise in synthetic chemistry is not relevant to this position.
- Aptitude for practical chemistry.
- Precision and accuracy when undertaking analysis.
- Disciplined, organised and focused, with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Salary Negotiable,
- Pension + Health Insurance available.
- The position is located in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 14th March, 2021.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!