Software Engineer, Elemental
Who we are:
Elemental is an award-winning Tech For Good company that is bridging the gap between health, housing, local government, and the community via their portfolio of digital social prescribing products and consultancy services, designed to support the strategy and practice of self-care and independence and community resilience.
Former community development workers, Jennifer Neff and Leeann Monk, developed Elemental to halt health inequalities by connecting people, building communities, and improving lives. They have played a major role in the uptake and adoption of the social prescribing movement that has seen communities gain better access to programmes, services, and support in their local neighbourhoods that improve their mental and physical wellbeing.
“Social prescribing, sometimes referred to as community referral, is a means of enabling GPs, nurses, and other primary care professionals to refer people to a range of local, non-clinical services” – The King’s Fund.
What the role will involve:
Working closely with the COO and Head of Product and a team of Engineers/Developers on a new R & D Project within the organisation. This role will involve;
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software
- Identifying areas for modification subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Demoing new features and enhancements to other teams.
This project focuses on the front end ‘product’ side of the development in terms of requirements engineering, specification, modular design, prototyping, user interface, user experience and integration design.
As well as an attractive salary offering of £23,000-£30,000 (depending on experience), the successful graduate will lead this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Letterkenny Institute of Technology and will also have the opportunity to avail of a learning package with an academic institution as part of the employment offering
Essential Criteria (the basic criteria which the candidate MUST meet):
- Min 2.2 Degree in Computing/Software Engineering Related Subject (or expect to complete degree in Summer 2021).
- Academic or employment experience of version control, collaborative working and employing an Agile methodology.
- Legally permitted to work in UK.
Desirable Criteria (any other criteria required by the role in addition to the essential):
- One year’s work experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of and experience of React JS Framework.
- Experience of KPI visualisation technology such as Kibana, Tableau, Quick sight etc.
- Experience of systems analysis in industry or through an academic project.
- Project Management experience on an industry project or Project Management Qualification.
- Passion for Digital Healthcare and the ‘Tech for Good’ movement.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!