Export Sales Coordinator (Ireland – Home-based)
Mallory International MIE is a specialised exporter of books and educational materials, working mostly with schools in Europe. It is a friendly small-sized business, and all members of staff have a wide responsibility (with support from management) for the tendering and administration of projects, and for general customer support.
The skill sets outlined below should be seen in the context of this objective. It should be emphasized that we do not expect staff to arrive with all, or any, of the specific knowledge set out, and attitude and approach, and a sense of involvement, along with initiative and learning skills, are more important than experience.
Major areas of work and responsibility:
- To handle all aspects of quotation and supply to designated customers, for both books and educational materials. There will always be various contracts on-going at different stages of completion.
- To handle invoicing and export documentation.
- To ensure that all paperwork, both administrative and financial, required for customers and projects, is produced accurately and to time.
- To develop new business.
- To liaise with customer on all aspects of the order (handling, timing, packing requirements etc)
- Knowledge of book trade, educational resource research tools, and web resources (training given).
- Competence in in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, Access, Teams and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, both written (mostly email) and telephone / Microsoft Teams.
- A high level of organizational and planning capabilities.
- Knowledge of other export documentation especially for educational resources. (both on and off the job training given).
- Exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Team player. Flexible. Friendly.
- Knowledge of International School curricula for ages 2-18 is advantageous.
Mallory International employs 30 members of staff and is divided into two sales departments: Schools and Academic as well as Service part of the company: Systems, Finance, and the Warehouse. Each sales department is headed by a Manager who specialises in the relevant area of expertise and who reports to the Directors who are responsible for providing the overall leadership of the company. There are frequent discussions with staff to ensure an equable allocation of workload.
The above lists are not comprehensive. In a small business it is reasonable for all staff, at all levels of responsibility, to contribute as required to the general operation of the business, and this may involve a wide range of other tasks. The core activities of the job are, however, as above.
We offer different ways to work flexibly, such as home working and/or part time options so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!