Under the overall direction of the Head of Legal Services, Levy and Registration Department (‘the Department’), the Legal Researcher will report to the Legal Advisor in the Legal Services Unit.
The role of the Legal Researcher is to assist the Head of Department and Legal Advisor by the provision of accurate, comprehensive and high quality legal research and analysis, on a broad range of legal topics, to required timeframes, to enable the efficient running of the Legal Services Unit in a fast-paced work environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilites:
The following list of responsibilities and duties is indicative (but not exhaustive) of the tasks that the Legal Researcher will be expected to perform.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide accurate, comprehensive and high-quality legal research, analysis and information to the Head of Department, Legal Advisor and such others as may be required within requested timeframes;
- Produce a range of research outputs including customised legal research projects or papers, legislative analysis, case analysis, topical briefings or similar documents which are well written, concise and accessible, in response to queries from the Head of Department and Legal Advisor;
- Update and maintain a database of legal research and legal resources;
- Proof-read and assist with the preparation of draft legislation;
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist with the preparation of external and internal documentation including briefs to Counsel, booklets for Court, case notes, briefing papers, guidance documents and training aides;
- Keep abreast of recent legal developments and provide updates on relevant legal developments;
- Be capable of developing strategic links with external research bodies and communities that will benefit the work of the Legal Services Unit;
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Legal Services Unit and wider LSRA by sharing knowledge and experience;
- Assist with such administrative tasks as may arise from time to time including scheduling meetings and acting as note taker;
- Support and assist the Head of Department and Legal Advisor in a constructive and collaborative manner to further the development of the Legal Services Unit;
- Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!