AIB Treasury Graduate Programme 2021
We’re looking for someone who:
Has the passion to grow and learn about capital markets, who work well within our dynamic and inclusive culture. We also look for resourcefulness, team-orientation, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, often shown through participation in extracurricular activities.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose - to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, where people can be at their best which is supported by our values and behaviours. AIB is a dynamic, diverse and interesting place to work.
We are changing from the inside out to become a bank people can believe in. And by people, we mean our employees as well as our customers. How we work in AIB is also changing, we have embraced new ways of working becoming more agile and flexible in working hours and locations which includes working in the office and working remotely.
Why join us?
AIB Treasury is Ireland’s leading provider of financial market solutions with offices also in Belfast, London and New York. We understand global financial markets. You’ll be joining the leading provider of Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate and Credit products In Ireland. We are one of Ireland’s biggest banks, but that doesn’t mean you’re just a number when you work here. In AIB Treasury we are committed to the personal and professional development of our talent.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
What will you get?
- A 23-month contract
- A competitive salary
- Full support in achieving your professional qualification (APA and QFA) including a generous study leave Policy
- Rotations across different areas of Treasury
- Participation in a structured graduate development programme
- An assigned mentor throughout the graduate programme
- The opportunity to work & network with experienced professionals as the bank goes through an exciting period of change and growth
Our Graduate Training and Development programme helps you accelerate the growth of your early career. You can rotate between different areas and roles, giving you plenty of opportunity to expand your experience, your knowledge and build your network.
Based in our Dealing Room in Dublin, as part of our Treasury Graduate Programme you will work on the following teams during your initial rotation:
- Customer Treasury Services
- Asset & Liability Management
- Interest Rate Trading
- Foreign Exchange Trading
- Debt Capital Markets – Funding & Liquidity
- Fixed Income Investments
- Treasury Credit
At the end of the rotations, you will have gained an understanding of the dynamics of international financial markets and how they affect the bank and our customers. You will then be placed with one of the Treasury teams for the remainder of the programme to allow you develop on the job experience.
You will need to show us that you:
- Have an expected minimum 2.1 Degree or Master’s Degree in, preferred but not limited to, the following specialisms: Finance, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Mathematics or Business
- A broad knowledge of and strong interest in Treasury products and markets
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and analytical skills
- A strong work ethic, and versatility to apply those skills to a variety of roles across the business
- Candidates must be fully authorised to work in Ireland or hold a valid work permit for the full duration of the contract which is 23 months
Here’s what one of our grads had to say about the programme;
‘’In Funding and Liquidity, I have the opportunity to work with an international team, based in Dublin, London and New York, funding the banks currency balances and managing its liquidity. In the process of planning and executing debt issuance, for funding and liquidity purposes, I had the opportunity to meet with potential investors. In university I studied Mathematics and Politics and, with AIB, I have had the chance to utilise my existing skills and acquire new ones – every day is a learning experience!’’- Maddison Hampson, Treasury Graduate.
If you meet the criteria and would be interested in joining our Graduate Programme please click apply and complete the online application. If you would like to get further information on the Graduate Programme please check out our website jobs.aib.ie or drop us an email at Grads@aib.ie to set up a virtual chat with our Early Careers Team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!