Automation Systems Sales & Support Engineer
The role with us?
ifm electronic is looking for a high quality individual to support the sales team grow the business. As part of this vibrant team, your role will be to assist them in the sales process by providing technical support to them and the customer. The role will include working within various industries including Machine builders (OEM), food, water, medical device, and pharmaceutical etc. Working to maintain and grow the sales of specific product groups and customers.
The ideal candidate
Innovative, positive attitude and tenacity are essential attributes along with a desire to develop and learn. As an large portion of your time will be spent with customers throughout the Ireland, the ability and willingness to travel is essential. You must be capable of using your acquired knowledge, skills and abilities to make ifm the preferred choice. You will also need commercial awareness, self-motivation and the determination to succeed.
Educated to an Ord/Hon degree level in engineering i.e. automation, electronics, mechatronics or similar discipline with sound electrical knowledge including the below points are essential:
- Ability to work with a commercial attitude to achieve personal and branch wide sales targets for both turnover and activity levels
- Working knowledge in one or more of the common industrial PLC programming environments is essential, such as:
- Siemens TIA Portal
- Allen Bradley Studio 5000
- Codesys V2.3/ V3.5
- Working knowledge of:
- Industrial Ethernet (i.e Profinet, Ethernet/IP, ModbusTCP) & CAN
- IoT applications & Cloud platforms
- SQL databases
- Comfortable dealing day to day with new and existing customers from a sales perspective with the ability to upsell system solutions
- Comfortable with new & existing product specific software packages
- A full Irish drivers licence & full working visa for Ireland is required.
Knowledge or experience in the following is beneficial but not essential (full training will be provided in house)
- Sales of automation products
- Industry experience
- Electrical wiring
- Sensor technology
- Mobile machine control
- Vision systems
- Condition monitoring and vibration analysis
Very competitive salary, fully expensed company car plus various other benefits.
Who are ifm electronic?
In existence for over 50 years, ifm electronic is world leader specialising in the manufacture and distribution of sensing and control products for automation. For over 30 years our branch office in Ireland has been responsible for sales and customer support of the entire ifm portfolio of products. With an ever-growing team, we’re recruiting a field technical support engineer with a strong aptitude in software from a technical support and technical sales point of view.
Email your CV to David Mulryan email@example.com
About us: www.ifm.com/ie
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!