Electrical Design Engineer
Transforming the World of Energy Every Day
Specialising in distribution transformers for almost half a century, we have a wealth of experience and cutting-edge knowledge of both engineering and manufacturing. As recognised experts in our business, we have the proven technical ability to continue to soar as one of the global market leaders in the industry.
Kyte Powertech Ltd provides distribution transformers and solutions to industry and utility companies with increasing specialisation in the renewable energy sector. The Irish company was founded in 1977 as Pauwels Trafo and acquired by CG in 2005. It provides products that delivers useable energy to businesses, homes, hospitals, and industry every day.
The company designs, manufactures, markets and supports its transformers from its base in Cavan. CG is an important employer in the region and is exceptionally proud of its heritage and multiple international accreditations.
Kyte Powertech is an ambitious, growing business that has recently transformed the profitability of organisation with a solid restructure and alignment of processes and cost bases. It has won new business, cultivated deep client trust, increased its customised products, and developed leading technology.
We believe in having absolute customer focus. By fostering a clear knowledge and understanding of our client’s needs among our workforce, we ensure a premium product, attention to detail and a unique personal service.
We treat our customers with empathy, listening to their requirements and anticipating their concerns. This defines us as open client partners resulting in trusted long-term relationships. Our values of integrity, trust and respect are paramount in all our interactions. These apply to relationships with customers and suppliers as well as our employees and teams. In the workplace, we strive to operate in a nurturing environment to allow our people to continue to grow in their professional and personal life.
This role will involve working with our existing team of experienced Design Engineers to customise product into bespoke solutions to meet client requirements. This involves a clear understanding of customer’s needs, listening to their requirements and providing a design for quotation and in manufacturing detail for production.
- Design transformers for manufacture in accordance with customer specification and bear in mind the capability and strengths of the manufacturing plant.
- Create accurate BOM’s for Production & Logistics.
- Select of materials and accessories for optimised product.
- Provide assistance to Production and Quality departments to ensure the transformer progresses through the factory right first time.
- To assist all departments in the manufacture transformers and to meet the design and requirement of the customer.
- Cost the transformers and provide detailed spec to Sales personnel to assist in creating winning products.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- High level of computer skills
- Adept at working both independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!