Graduate Mechanical Engineer
About Designer Group
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Why this role matters to DG
The Engineering Team is an essential department within Designer Group and forms part of the foundation of every project. The Engineering Team is directly responsible for a number of key components in a project, delivering the highest standard of safety and quality.
Designer Group is always at the forefront of the latest design and construction technology. From utilising design software, 3D modelling, point cloud scanning and 3D printing, Designer Group ensures their Engineering Team are equipped with the latest and best technology to ensure innovative solutions.
Overview of duties
- Tendering of new bids
- Procurement of the mechanical packages
- Planning of the works including design, procurement, installation, commissioning and handover phases in line with Main Contractor and DG procedures
- Preconstruction Management of all aspects such as health & safety, technical submissions, 3D modelling, construction drawing production, prefabrication, Building Control submissions and commissioning management.
- Management of all interface elements with Main Contractor specialist packages i.e. lift installations, utilities
- Commercial management – Execution of the mechanical subcontractors contracts, management of the variation account or input as required for the project surveyor to achieve the same
- Ensure that QA procedures are fully implemented on each project in accordance with DG and Main Contractor requirements
- Tendering of new bids
- Design review, validation and manage the design development
- Management of sub-contractors
- Minimum 2:1 Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering (Must have passed within the last 2 years)
How you can develop your career in DG
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth and so encouraging continuous professional development and pathway to Professional Chartership is a top priority. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!