Murphy Geospatial is one of the leading Geospatial consultancies in Europe. We are an ambitious and innovative company, and through our commitment to invest in people, technology, and best practice, we continuously strive to be the best and remain ahead of the field in everything we do. We believe in the value of verified geospatial data and its use in understanding the natural and built environment around us.
Description of role:
We see the value in generating repeatable, verified geospatial data to accurately set-out, document and report on progress of construction projects. Our services are used on critical projects to accurately set-out design intent in the real world, enabling contractors to proceed with confidence. The cost of incorrectly constructed elements of a project (in terms of location) can run into significant sums and severely delay project delivery. Our geospatial management service gives our clients the reassurance that a defined workflow is in place to avoid these costly mistakes.
We are seeking a forward thinking, ambitious civil/structural engineering graduate to define and document these costs and benefits to our clients, in tandem with learning about the methods, digital processes and platforms used to disseminate this information.
- Deliver data driven intelligence: deploy engineering & digital construction analytics solutions to interpret, understand, forecast and enhance construction processes.
- Identifying and reporting on cost implications of different construction methodologies relating to geospatial management.
- Identifying where geospatial management actions have resulted in a measurable improvement in cost efficiency.
- Skills and knowledge requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering (Level 8) - BSc in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification & level.
- Good writing skills
- Proficiency in the use of word processing and spreadsheet operations.
- Geospatial surveying experience (university module or work experience acceptable)
- Practically minded: good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong report writing and communication.
- Statistical analysis.
- Inquisitive approach.
- Critical thinking.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!