Media Planning & Buying Graduate Roles
GroupM is the WPP owned media group. As the leading media group, we maintain a third of the market share globally. GroupM serves as the parent company to MediaCom, Mindshare, WaveMaker. Our client facing agencies are the front line to a new era of media strategy and innovation.
And because we have three of the top five global media agencies and $63 billion in annual media spend, we provide access and scale everywhere our clients do business. Intelligent and imaginative, we create, integrate and scale technology-enabled services with premium partners, including Google, Facebook, Amazon and more. Our approach earns us award-winning work and helps our clients’ businesses grow.
About the Graduate Roles
The available positions are in GroupM (buying) and within our client facing agencies - MediaCom, Mindshare, WaveMaker (planning). The buying role offers a unique chance which will give the right person both the opportunity to learn about digital, press, radio and TV, the advertising industry and the wider media sector whilst gaining hands on experience in media buying. The planning roles offers the successful candidate the opportunity to learn about all facets of media planning and client services. The friendly but professional environments across the group offers an amazing environment in which to develop and build a career in media.
- Liaising closely with Account Managers to understand client business and deliver against objectives.
- Buying campaigns for both local and global clients across digital, press, radio, OOH, cinema, and TV
- Regular market analysis
- Post campaign reconciliation and analysis
- Merchandising results to planners and clients on a regular basis
- Planning Graduate Responsibilities
- Assisting the management of client & supplier relationships
- Assisting the client team on general account management & media planning (including digital media)
- Knowledge of latest media, innovations, opportunities
- Development of media plans – audience analysis, media rationale, detailed plans
- Implementation of media plans – buying, negotiation, billing.
- Assisting in post-campaign management – reporting on completed campaigns (full campaign analysis)
- Knowledge of all IT and digital systems, available research to fulfil planning, buying & reporting role.
- Competitive market adspend reporting
- Financial management of client’s accounts – billing for all implemented plans, PO management, subsequent queries
- Input on client presentations.
For both roles we are looking for candidates who have…
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, phone, email and face-to-face
- The ability to work as part of a team and learn from others.
- Good ability to work on your own initiative.
- Forward thinking, analytical and passionate
- A mature approach to work & building a long-term career.
- Someone is interested in the dynamic and evolving media landscape.
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver against deadlines.
- Understands the role of media in the overall marketing mix & the role it plays for clients.
- An aptitude for numbers
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Apply. If you have a preference towards either the planning or buying role, please call this out in your application.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!