Graduate Project Engineer - Midland Steel Supplies
Midland Steel Reinforcing Supplies are a reinforcing steel supplier to the Irish and UK construction market specialising in Offsite Rebar Prefabrication and BIM. Our latest product, FasterFix Modular Rebar, is a fully offsite prefabricated solution that enables faster, cost-effective and efficient on-site construction while creating safer working conditions and supporting social distancing guidelines. We design bespoke rebar solutions using our cloud-based BIM process, with full 3D modelling, to deliver an agile and collaborative project process, which further enhances the speed of the build. As the first reinforcing steel company in the world to attain a BIM Level 2 status we now have the capacity to collaborate with clients on projects of any size.
Description of role
The Project Engineer will provide support to the Research and Development department on robotic/automated systems installed onsite. The role is improvement-focused with the opportunity to work with and develop innovative solutions for the manufacture of reinforcing steel products. There will be a requirement to work closely with system engineers, research engineers and production team members in specifying and implementing robotic/automated changes/fixes/improvement projects. Support and guidance will be given to the graduate throughout the role from the MD, research and production team. Any training or certifications required by the graduate will be supported by the company
- Collect and analyse manufacturing variability data of orders to the robot to increase efficiency
- Monitor and determine root causes of issues and implement solutions
- Test improvements and measure their success
- Monitor and report production during improvements to measure their success rate
- Report improvement finding to the R&D department and highlight how they could be used in other improvement projects
Skills and knowledge requirements
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Project & Word)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with 3D modelling software desirable
- Mechanical Engineering background is an advantage
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!