Arrears Support Unit Relationship Manager
About Pepper Ireland:
Pepper Ireland is a leading asset manager and provider of third-party loan and advisory services. Established in September 2012, the company has operations in Dublin and Shannon, employing over 400 people.
Pepper has over €14 billion of loan and commercial real estate assets under management. These are comprised of commercial real estate portfolios and residential mortgages, as well as personal, small and medium enterprise (SME) and auto loans.
Pepper in Ireland is part of the Pepper Group, a diversified, global financial services business. Pepper Group focuses on three key disciplines across the residential and commercial property sectors: Lending, Advisory and Asset Management. Pepper Group is headquartered in Australia, where it has been operating since 2001.
About this Role:
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Arrears Support Unit Relationship Manager is responsible for managing the relationship with a portfolio of borrower’s accounts to identify customers in difficulty, establish the reason for the borrower’s arrears and work with borrowers to find a solution to their arrears situation. The Arrears Support Unit Associate will also have business targets to achieve and will ensure that their role is conducted in the context of controlled policies and procedures while providing exceptional customer service and minimising risk.
- Overall management and responsibility for a dedicated list of pre arrears and arrears mortgage accounts
- Contact customers by letter and telephone in accordance with the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears and the Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP)
- Negotiate for payments, complete financial assessments and apply for the Arrears Support Unit Collections strategies
- Develop work out strategies for each account
- Determine and recommend loan restructuring options
- Follow agreed lines of escalation for borrowers whose mortgage debts are unsustainable or not viable
- Identify, assess and deliver solutions for customers in financial difficulty
- Organise and attend face to face meetings with borrowers and their professional representatives
- Deal with service queries in a prompt and professional manner
- Responsible for all actions and decisions on accounts assigned
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achievement of Individual and team targets
- Quality and Compliance audit results
- Customer Feedback
- Cash Collection
- Restructure and post restructuring performance
Skills & Experience:
- Customer Service experience is essential
- A proved track record in credit management (beneficial)
- Collections experience an advantage
- QFA or APA in housing loans (beneficial)
- Ability to work to designated individual and team targets
- IT Knowledge
- Customer Service and Commercial Awareness
- Influencing/Persuasion and Negotiation skills
- Communication skills – Interpersonal and Written
- Judgment & Decision-Making
- Team Working
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!