Graduate Data Engineer – Belfast
About the role:
FDM Group is seeking candidates with an interest in technology to join our Data Engineering Graduate Programme with a start date of 4th October 2021. We accept applicants from all degree backgrounds, as you will be provided with 10 weeks of industry relevant training covering diverse languages including SQL, Hive QL, Python and Spark. You will learn how to process massive amounts of data, create data flows, manage data lakes, design real time streaming and batch type data ingestion pipelines. We will also guide you on how to manage advanced tools and frameworks as well as to solve various data problems. Upon completion of your remote training, you will become a fully-fledged FDM Consultant and will start working on site with Citi which is one of our Investment Banking clients based in Belfast.
During your placement, you will be involved in exciting projects covering high volumes of data sets, transformations, business requirements, geographies and stakeholders. As a Data Engineer, you will have a crucial role in designing and creating data-centric scalable solutions, vital to helping organisations understand their data and facilitate growth. Some of your responsibilities will include checking that overnight data exports, transformations and imports have ran to schedule and any broken problems are fixed, managing and processing huge databases and becoming an expert in distributed data storage and computing frameworks.
What we offer you:
- Commercially relevant remote training from industry experts, covering both technical and professional skills, to ensure you are business ready
- Opportunity to work with Citi in Belfast as an integrated part of their team
- Ongoing career support throughout your entire FDM journey including continued professional development, mentoring and networking events
- Opportunity to achieve industry recognised qualifications
- Chance to launch a career in one of the most in-demand tech fields
- Up to 30 days annual leave (starting from 20)
- Relocation Package
- Buy As You Earn (BAYE) share plan
- Wellbeing Programme
- Dedicated Consultant Experience Partners providing additional support and career guidance whilst on client site
- Mentoring Programme
- Online Learning and Development Programme
- Consultant Peer Support Programme connecting new and existing FDMers
- FDM Staff Networks
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Consultant Collaboration Platform
- Degree level qualification (2:2 or higher)
- Excellent communication skills
- Right to work in Belfast
- Demonstrable interest and desire to work in technology
- Commitment to at least two years of further employment with FDM upon completion of training period
Our people are our passion and that's why we make your training and career growth our priority. We are a global professional services provider focusing on IT and one of the UK's leading graduate employers, recruiting the brightest talent to become the innovators of tomorrow. With centres across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and over 3,500 consultants currently placed on client site around the world, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!