Information Technology Apprenticeship
At General Motors we pride ourselves on designing, building and selling the world's best vehicles. We are seeking a new generation of visionaries to help launch bold engineering and business initiatives, and shape new directions for GM.
The General Motors IT Team is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future Apprentice opportunities. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
Additional Job Description
The program is typically an 11 month training & work experience paid program with a world leader in Automotive Manufacturing, Autonomous Vehicles and Alternative Ownership. We focus on a variety of technologies inclusive of various software engineering domains, networking and Mainframe systems.
Depending on the program, you can expect:
- Classroom and on the job training in Networking or related areas.
- Classroom and on the job training in Database technology.
- Classroom and on the job training in Mainframe technology.
- Classroom and on the job training in Software Development in Java or other Object Oriented Programming languages.
- Significant hands-on training and work experience in real world Enterprise environments.
- Solving real world technical issues learning to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Program participants will join multi-functional operations teams gain valuable experience in a large distributed environment. Team members will work with diverse business units right across General Motors.
Applicants should have:
- A proven interest in Information technology and problem solving.
- A 3rd level Degree qualification in Computer Science, IT Engineering or Mathematics is required.
- Alternatively, a Postgraduate Conversion Qualification in Computer Science/IT and a degree in another subject, are required.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!