Graduate Programme - Environmental Health and Safety
With over 6,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
Training and Development
At Lidl, we believe that training is the most important investment we can make in our people. Structured, on-the-job training is the foundation of our approach to training, giving all our employees the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally.
As a graduate joining our business, we know you won’t have all the answers and that’s OK with us. As the only City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Graduate Programme in Ireland, the Lidl Graduate Management Development Programme is a unique programme that is tailored for each individual graduate.
Whilst on the programme you will receive a bespoke training plan designed around your career path and current skills to teach you everything you need to know about working for Lidl. You will spend some time in our stores and warehouses to gain a thorough understanding of the key business areas. The programme gives you the opportunity to enjoy both personal and professional development through on-the-job training and a blended learning approach.
Throughout your training you will be supported by trainers at every level of the business. They will assist you through solid hands on experience and formal training sessions on key topics relevant to your new role. As well as helping you learn the business from the ground up, our training programme is designed to help you expand and develop your problem solving and business management skills.
Think you have what it takes to join the Lidl team?
Environmental Health and Safety
The Environmental Health Department (EHS) are responsible for developing the safety systems in head office, stores and warehouses that keep the business legally compliant with National and European Food, Fire and Health and Safety Legislation. With the support of other Head Office Departments and Regional Teams, procedures and policies are developed and implemented to achieve this compliance.
Within the EHS Department there are three main areas of interest. The successful graduate will gain experience in all these areas over the time they spend with the EHS Department; Food Safety Management, Health and Safety Management and Fire Safety Management.
Food Safety Management: Ensuring we have the correct controls and process at store and warehouse level to ensure the products we sell are safe to consume is critical to us as a department and to us a business. By not having these controls in place we could potentially cause food positioning issues and damage our reputation within the Irish retail sector.
Health and Safety Management: Think Safe, Work Safe Be Safe is our current mission statement with regards to Health and Safety. We want all our store colleagues to understand the importance of good health and safety and the impacts that poor safety standards can have on themselves, their store colleagues and our customers. We do this by providing relevant and structured Health and Safety Training for all levels of with our business.
Fire Safety and Emergency Management: In line with our approach to health and safety, we want all our Head Office, Store and Warehouse colleagues to know want to do in the event of a fire or other emergency event. By developing systems and working with other departments we aim to prevent a fire from occurring in the first place.
- An expected or attained 2.1 Honours Level 8 degree
- Full driver’s license is required
- Flexibility to travel or relocate within Ireland is required
- Motivation and drive
- Strong personal skills
- Work experience or experience abroad
- German is an advantage but not a necessity
- €36,400 salary per annum
- 20 days holiday per annum
- Private employee medical insurance
- City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Programme
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Responsibility for and involvement in projects with real business impact
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Bespoke training plan depending on current skills and career path
- One-to-one coaching available from a qualified coach in the business
- Competency assessment days to learn about your management and leadership style and how to work best with others
- A vast array of training and development opportunities from our in-house training catalogue including Leadership Development Programmes
- Masterclasses with renowned business experts
- Director and graduate mentorship programme
- While in Dublin Head Office access to the on-site gym and canteen*
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
- Annual leave
- Private company health insurance
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave top up
- Sick leave
- Training and Development
- Work safe. Live well programme
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!