Graduate .NET Developer
With thousands of employees across 21 countries, Visma is one of Europe’s leading technology companies. Our 12,500+ employees work every day to innovate and develop software and technology that makes the world run smoother. At Visma you work in a fast moving and friendly environment providing a great opportunity to influence and grow. We believe through challenges, security and flexibility we create an environment with engaged employees. We also know that with the right set of people there is no limit to what we are able to achieve together. Does that interest you? Do continue reading!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate .Net developer to join our growing team. You will work with our Cloud HRM software alongside a group of talented software engineers. You will play an important role in a distributed team, located in both Ireland and the Netherlands. In addition to actual programming, you think with us to find the best solutions that our customers can utilize in the HRM landscape. You help build our modules for, among other things, registering illness and leave, expenses, personal data, electronic documents, system interfaces, workflow procedures and much more. You will do this in a .NET environment that is available in both the Cloud and our mobile App.
With us, software development is more than just coding and you will have the opportunity to actually think along with functional and technical possibilities. You will work on a solution that will help us as a company and our customers accelerate in the future.
- Develop and maintain application software in order to meet customer needs
- Work with the existing products , delivering new functionality and technical improvements
- Estimate work effort with task breakdown and verify task approach
- Collaborate with the team conducting code reviews and providing improvement suggestions
- Cooperate efficiently in an international environment with a team of strong professionals
- Active participation in product development, by staying up to date on developments/conventions in the field
- Work by using agile processes (e.g. Scrum & Kanban)
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Familiar with database design and relational database concepts
- Experience of / familiar with C# or VB.net
- Ability of thinking about the functional and technical applications and possibilities to make our services even better
- Ability to analyze legacy code and refactor where needed
- Experience with conducting code reviews and provide improvement suggestions
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Enjoys working in an international environment and with distributed teams
- You want to make a difference and proactively take on tasks that will improve the result
- You can look back, analyze and propose improvements in order to do it even better next time
- You allow yourself to make mistakes, learn and adjust quickly to improve for the next time
- Action and target oriented, taking initiative and achieving results
Regardless of the long list of expectations mentioned above you do not need to be an expert in all areas. Equally important as all tech skills are how you fit the group as a personality.
We are offering:
- A company with strong values and vision to create a better world. Leaders who balance a steady business focus and genuine concern for people.
- Talented and engaged colleagues in an international environment
- Friendly, multicultural and cooperation oriented team
- An openness for input and ideas on how to move the products and the organization forward
- Flexible and vibrant work environment
- Professional growth and internal development hubs
- Competitive Salary
- Company holiday apartments in Spain and France, fruits, and snacks in the office
- At Visma Raet we have a friendly and supportive company culture and we will do our best to make you feel welcome.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!