Data Science (Graduate)
FD Technologies plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
To meet the growing demand for our technology and services, we are currently recruiting for our Graduate Options Programme.
Options Program – Data Science:
On the Data Science stream of our Options Graduate Scheme, you will be offered a unique opportunity to enter the Big Data world where the emphasis is on problem-solving using a combination of analytics, imagination and business understanding. Data Scientists explore vast amounts of information to detect patterns, trends and correlations that enable our clients to improve their products, services and revenue.
As a Data Scientist, you will work with our clients at their office sites, so you must be willing to travel extensively. The projects you may be working on will vary – our clients range from financial services to manufacturing to telecoms, just to name a few!
What we look for:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem-solving and technical skills to combine them
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits.
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A self-starter who is constantly looking for opportunities to improve
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- Strong academic background – ideally a 2.1 degree in Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or a similar quantitative discipline.
- Commitment to the 2 year training period, which rolls into a full-time permanent position
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
FD Technologies plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!