Property & Motor Damage Claims Handler
Exciting new career opportunity within the Insurance industry. We are currently hiring for a number of Claims Handler roles to join our expanding Claims operations in Galway. We are looking for individuals at entry level and are also looking for more experienced claims handlers.
We can offer you a vibrant and dynamic environment to work in, paid study days as you work towards or progress your insurance qualifications and most importantly a rewarding career in insurance.
You will spend the majority of your time reviewing and assessing claims, considering quantum & liability aspects, liaising with customers, internal colleagues and our service providers (Investigators, Loss Adjusters, Engineers, Solicitors).
Depending on your level of experience this will involve taking claim notifications over the phone, providing updates on claims, and working with customers and service providers to progress claims towards settlement.
- Reviewing allocated cases and achieving claims settlements, within your licensed claims authority level and in line with claims best practice, service level agreements and in compliance with Regulatory Requirements.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Using and working proactively with approved service providers to ensure fair and efficient investigation and evaluation of liability and damage and agreeing appropriate repair, replacement or reimbursement.
- Identifying non-standard or complex claims and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Supporting more experienced colleagues in the handling of non-standard or complex cases or providing support to less experienced colleagues.
- Delivering the highest standards of quality and working with your coach, on the back of quality assurance, to continuously improve quality from both a technical and customer perspective.
- Previous experience of the insurance sector is highly desirable, although not essential
- Strong customer services skills, gained within professional environments
- Confident, enthusiastic and professional phone manner
- Ability to deal with Customers over the phone whilst recording accurate information on systems
- Working in a large multinational call centre would be an advantage
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel to an expert level
- APA qualification or working towards this. CIP or higher would be an advantage.
Role begins on 27th September 2021
Role based in Galway
Hold or be progressing toward a recognised qualification in line with the requirements of the Minimum Competency Code for this role (e.g. Grandfathered / APA / CIP / ACII or other recognised qualification)
This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF5&6.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!