At Boston Scientific, innovation isn’t a buzzword. It’s a frame of mind.
Advance your career. Work at the foremost of medical innovation. Join Boston Scientific today!
Who are we?
Boston Scientific is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. Our journey of innovation began in 1979. Today, we continue our legacy of delivering meaningful innovation to meet patient needs. Our products are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions, including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, women’s health, and chronic pain conditions.
Everything we do combines purpose and passion. It’s our passion that fuels our desire to make a difference and it’s our extraordinary sense of purpose that drives us to innovate, create and collaborate.
Why choose Boston Scientific?
- 22 million patients treated each year
- 13,000 life-changing products
- $876 million invested in R&D
- 25,000 employees in 40 countries across 6 continents
Boston Scientific was first established in Ireland in 1994 and has grown to be the largest medical device employer in Ireland, employing 4,500 people at its three Irish sites located in Galway, Cork and Clonmel:
- Our Galway site serves our Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Interventions and Endoscopy groups. We manufacture over 3 million devices per year. It is the largest Boston Scientific facility in Ireland and the largest manufacturing facility in Boston Scientific’s global network.
- Our Cork facility manufactures over 5.6 million devices per year, serving our Cardiology, Rhythm & Vascular Group, Endoscopy, and Urology & Women’s Health.
- Our Clonmel site manufactures pacemakers, defibrillators, spinal cord and deep brain stimulators and transformed over 250,000 lives in 2015.
What does our Graduate Programme offer you?
There's never been a better time to be a part of Boston Scientific. Today, we are at the forefront of the medical device industry – leading, evolving and transforming it into new and exciting territories.
This year we are offering a number of options for our graduate hires:
- Site-specific Graduate Programmes: During this two year programme, you will complete a number of rotations between key functions/ production units (site dependant). All Graduates will progress through a defined programme getting first-hand knowledge of the business. This programme offers unique opportunity to grow and accelerate your future career.
- All-Ireland Rotational Programme: This is a 2 year long programme where 3 successful candidates will be rotated across our 3 Irish sites. During that time you will attend specific technical and personal development courses which will enable you to succeed in your chosen field. *This programme will be available in 2018.
Medical Device Manufacturing
Get in contact
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!