Focus Ireland aims to advance the right of people who are homeless to live in a place they can call home, through quality services, research and advocacy.
Focus Ireland operates a graduate recruitment programme, known internally as "The Community Service Volunteer Programme". This programme offers opportunities to college graduates to develop their skills and expertise in the area of social and community work. It is particularly suited to graduates of Social Science courses who are interested in gaining experience prior to returning to complete their masters in Social Care. The programme has been in operation for over 20 years and entails the following:
- 12 months full time experience as a team member in one of the participating projects in Dublin, Limerick, Cork, Waterford or Sligo developing skills & expertise in the area of social and community work, aiding access to the Masters in Social Work.
- Participation in a well-established, unique and innovative model of practice enabling participants to contribute skills in a structured, supervised & supported way for the benefit of disadvantaged and marginalized people including people out of home or at risk of becoming homeless. The extent of the commitment, involvement and responsibility that CSVs have exceeds that of an ordinary volunteer.
- Living allowance of €12,500 per annum
- Full access to professional supervision and support from allocated CSV supervisor
- Full access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Same policy entitlements as employees
- Many seminars and work groups organized throughout the year – talks from internal & external experts
- Bespoke training programme to include courses in: Child Protection, First Aid, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Understanding Addiction, Parents Plus, Losses in Life & Bereavement, Mental Health, Stress Management, Motivational Interviewing, LGBT Homelessness and Traveller Culture.
- Site visits arranged to other services that Focus Ireland would liaise with such as prisons and drug treatment centers.
The CSV programme runs from September to August every year and we offer places to 15 graduates. Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and volunteer involving organization.
The closing date for applications for the 2017/2018 programme is 24th February 2017.
Applications can be sent to HR Volunteer Co-coordinator, Focus Ireland, 9–12 High Street, Dublin 8 or email to email@example.com