Our graduate programme is open for applications until 4 October 2016. Apply now!
About C&D Foods
At C&D we are working together to build a business that pushes the boundaries of the possible. Our pursuit of Excellence in everything we do combined with a positive attitude and belief in ourselves makes for a very exciting and fast moving place to work.
C&D Foods first started producing Petfood from its base in Ireland in 1969. As a family business we initially focused on supplying Private Label canned petfood to the Irish and UK markets. Since that time production in Ireland has expanded to include Pouch and Alu-tray formats. In 2008 we joined forces with the ABP Food Group. Since then we have acquired a number of European manufacturing sites further extending our formats into dry, can, sausage and plastic trays. We are now and are now one of the largest Private Label Petfood producers in Europe supplying quality pet products to the major supermarket and retail chains.
Over the years sizeable investments in the business have ensured that the growth of the operation has spread into Europe. The company now has increased its initial presence to include major production facilities and sales offices in 11 locations around Europe.
With seven manufacturing plants across Europe and additional Sales offices in Germany, Italy, UK and France, we can offer our people many different experiences. We are ambitious for the future and want good people to join us. Our promise is the opportunity to develop and fulfil your potential in a respectful, dynamic and fast growing environment.
You can apply for this programme now by sending your CV and cover letter to the email address above.
Our graduate programme will provide you with an invaluable opportunity to learn all about the rapidly paced business environment where you will have the chance to learn from our experienced team
The programme is a 3 year contract that consists of a series of rotations around some of our 7 production sites and 4 sales offices across Europe
You will be given the chance to travel as part of your training and development throughout the 3 years and during this time you will be supported in on the job and external training to further your education and knowledge, having or willingness to learn a European Language is an advantage
- Is motivated, ambitious and driven
- Has the ability to prioritise and multitask in a challenging and dynamic role
- Is proactive and able to work on their own initiative and also in a team environment
- Is computer literate
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has strong analytical skills and is a problem solver
- Has a full clean driving licence
Calling all IT graduates...
Within C&D Foods I.T. graduates can expect to spend time in all areas of the business with exposure to corporate applications and systems used in the Finance, Manufacturing, Admin, Sales, Procurement and Warehouse functions. Focus will be on ensuring we provide robust and resilient I.T. services and systems.Internal training is supported by external courses covering key technical and methodological competencies.
- ITTL v3
- Prince 2 Foundation
- Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008/2012 including Active Directory Administration
You will learn in a structured environment with specialists to guide and support you along the way. You will need to be flexible in terms of location, be an excellent communicator, be decisive and confident in your approach to learning.
Upon completion of this rotational programme we would expect I.T. graduates to be equipped and ready for their first role within an I.T. department at either a divisional head office or a production site. Recent I.T. graduates have secured roles as second line service desk technicians and business systems analysts within the overall ABP group.
- You will be expecting, or will have attained an I.T., Computer Science, or Business and IT content degree.
Areas of knowledge
- Desktop applications including the most recent releases of Microsoft Office. Operating systems, in particular Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012. Networking technologies, hardware and architectures. The ability to query transactional SQL databases is desirable but not essential.
- A keen interest in business I.T.
- Practical and pragmatic.
- Driven and determined.
- Essential Skills
- Ability to communicate confidently within all levels of the business from the factory floor to senior managers.
- Good verbal, written and oral presentation skills.
- A keen interest in business I.T. particularly within the manufacturing sector.
- A clean valid driving licence and access to a car.
- Excellent documentation skills
Get in contact
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!