Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Our purpose is to make financial lives better.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets businesses. Combining our local knowledge and global expertise, we offer products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card. In Europe, the Middle East and Africa we have offices in 21 countries serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients.
Being a responsible business is integral to the success of our employees, clients and stakeholders, which is why we’re committed to making a difference in the communities in which we live and work. Our efforts focus on youth employment, environmental sustainability, arts and cultural investments and responsible business practices.
Our goal is for each employee to have the best possible experience with us throughout their career. This is why we offer everyone the highest level of training and mentoring support. Furthermore, our commitment to diversity, our communities and the wellbeing of our employees, brings numerous opportunities for all employees to participate in initiatives that help make Bank of America Merrill Lynch a great place to work.
We’re committed to offering the scope and opportunities the very best of graduate talent deserves. Full-time and internship programmes are available in the following areas: Compliance, Corporate Audit, Global Banking and Markets Wholesale Credit, Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Human Resources, Global Liquidity Management - Corporate Treasury, Global Loan Products, Global Markets, Global Research, Global Transaction Services, Market Risk, Quantitative Management and Technology. Our graduates gain a breadth of knowledge and experience and are well-positioned for great career opportunities.
Did you know that you can accelerate your career by participating in a pre-internship insight programme?
By taking part in an insight programme during your first year of a three year degree, or second year of a four year degree, you have the opportunity to be fast-tracked and earn a place on our summer internship programme the following year.
An internship or placement is your opportunity to gain an insight into working life at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, to network with our employees and develop your skills. You’ll work alongside colleagues of all levels and participate in project work that has a real impact on our business.
- Summer Internships: Running for ten weeks between June and August, a summer internship provides a thorough introduction to the financial services industry. The programme begins with an induction week covering core skills, and you will be supported by a mentor and a buddy to help you make the most of your orientation and training. There will also be plenty of networking opportunities and a speaker series, giving you the chance to meet a range of employees from new starters to seasoned senior executives.
- Off-Cycle Internships: Off-cycle internships are available throughout the year and vary from three to six months in length depending on the business need. Locations vary, but the majority of opportunities are in London, Dubai, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Moscow and Paris within the Investment Banking and Global Markets divisions.
- Industrial Placements: Six and twelve month industrial placements are available within the Technology division. This programme provides hands-on experience and an opportunity to gain real exposure from day one.
- Graduate opportunities: Through our analyst and associate programmes, graduates gain a breadth of knowledge and experience and are positioned for great career opportunities. You’ll learn from the best and brightest minds in the industry, while participating in a comprehensive training programme that combines instructor-led and web-based classes with on-the-job training and networking. You’ll be trusted with important work, allowing the opportunity to make a real impact right from the start.
As one of the world's largest financial institutions with a full range financial and risk management products and services, technology is crucial to our success. From simple programming to big data challenges, technology underpins everything we do.
The global nature of our business offers the opportunity to travel and meet with colleagues from around the world; you’ll get to work with the latest technologies alongside some of the most highly regarded technologist in the industry.
Our assessment process:
Apply online via: www.baml.com/campusEMEA
Analyst Internship and Full Time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it's best to submit an application early. Online applications for most programs comprise of two stages, both must be completed by the application deadline for applicants to be considered. Stage 1 of the application requires the submission of personal details, education, work experience and competency questions followed by stage 2, where candidates will be required to complete a situational judgment test. The online test must be completed in one sitting.
If selected following the application stage, candidates will be invited to an assessment centre involving competency-based exercises. In addition, for most of our full-time programs, we conduct first-round telephone interviews.
What we look for
Each business area has individual requirements, please refer to the individual job vacancy details in our application system. Whichever group you join, you must be able to demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, strategic and creative thinking, and excellent written and oral communications skills. For some roles, a second language is required.
Assessments will begin before the deadlines listed below, we strongly encourage you to submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
Full-time: 27 October 2016
Full-time Technology: 24 November 2016
Summer Internships: 24 November 2016
Spring Insight programme: 7 January 2017
- Subject areas recruited from: All degree disciplines, or a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or other related subjects can be beneficial for technology programmes
- Sectors recruited into: Investment Banking, Technology
- Starting salary: Competitive
- Benefits: Competitive package
- Campus job locations: London, Chester, Dublin and other locations across Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Application method: Online at www.baml.com/campusEMEA
- Number of annual opportunities: 400+
- Presence: Offices in 21 countries
- Number of employees: c.265,000 (worldwide), c.14,000 (EMEA)