Established over 60 years ago and now one of the most recognized names in the industry, Murphy has a proud history of delivering major infrastructure programmes in its home markets of the UK and Ireland, as well as several international markets.
Murphy has built an enviable reputation with clients for the safety, quality and reliability of its services largely delivered in-house, particularly in its core sectors of water, power, rail, natural resources. We also have a thriving building business. Our self-delivery model gives our clients the assurance that we can provide a safe, reliable and cost-effective service. We make significant investments in our plant and our people, so that we can offer a highly-skilled, experienced workforce who use modern and well-maintained equipment. This means we effectively offer a ‘one stop shop’ service for clients on their most complex of projects and can be on site and ready to work at the drop of a hat.
Our vision and values:
At Murphy, we believe in our vision of improving life by delivering world class infrastructure and by doing this following our core values. Our vision and values capture what we, and all our employees, stand for. They guide our decisions, actions and behaviors, they drive our performance and growth, and are apparent every day in the services we provide for our clients and their customers.
One family – One team – One Murphy
As a university graduate, you can join us on a two-year programme. During that time, you will use your knowledge, work experience and enthusiasm to complete a portfolio of evidence, learn as much as possible and challenge yourself. All graduates in support services get to experience all areas of the industry and Murphy & are invited to our graduate induction day usually held at a top London venue. In addition you will receive the support of a trained mentor and are given continuous support from the learning and development team to maximize your potential.
We are recruiting for graduate civil engineers to be based at our office in Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland. The successful candidates(s) will assist in providing the relevant project(s) with accurate, informed interpretation of the specified project technical requirements. You will also provide support to the project management and site team on all matters technical.
Your duties are likely to include:
- Establishing and promoting best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department.
- Minimizing environmental disturbance during construction works.
- Delivering Toolbox Talks
- Ensuring that sufficient and full information is available on drawings and sketches to set out the works in accordance with the programme and sequence of operations.
- Communication with foremen and operatives
- Ensuring current drawings are being used
- Ensuring there is full understanding of information provided.
- Ensuring the compliance of method statements
- Providing accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
- Checking the works during progress and on completion to ensure that the works has been constructed to the setting-out information provides.
- Keeping a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
- Carrying out site measures for the control and ordering of materials.
Murphy are a business on an intriguing transformation process to become a tier 1 contractor. The business is looking to build on its strength, capability and skill set by complimenting the current workforce with enthusiastic talent who will drive the business forward as we reach our target of 2025. The company is already involved a number of high profile projects across the UK and Ireland, but it’s a time of real investment offering you as graduates now, the opportunity to real grow at the speed we are.
Required skill / experience:
- Graduate / soon to be graduate in Civil Engineering or relevant degree course
- Driving license
- Desire to work towards Member of a professional Institution (e.g. TMICE, MICE, MIStructE, MCIHT, MIGEM, MCIOB, MCIAT, RIBA
- Work placement previously undertaken
We are accepting CVs and cover letters immediately. Any documents can be emailed to email@example.com and directed to Leanne Jones.