The Master of Business in International Business is a HETAC-accredited, level 9, post-graduate course for graduates who wish to further their understanding of international business and open up exciting new career prospects. The MB equips the student with the necessary knowledge base, skills, competencies and strategic awareness to succeed in the international business environment. Students will analyse and evaluate scenarios and provide suitable outcomes. In the MB in International Business, the lecturer asks the questions and the students research and formulate the answers.
The programmes overall aims and objectives are that graduates will:
- Acquire and understand the key knowledge areas relevant to the study and practice of international business.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the seminal and current theories and concepts in the study of international business.
- Apply a practical range of skills for analysing and evaluating problems and proposing solutions in the international business environment.
- Communicate orally, in writing and electronically in international business, analysing case studies, making presentations, preparing reports, engaging in interpersonal interactions and team working arrangements.
- Apply a range of competencies for successful practical participation in international business, including executive decision-making, ethical awareness, cultural sensitivity and strategic planning.
- Utilize a range of research methodologies to analyse business data and propose tenable conclusions
- Undertake the research and writing of a substantial project with minimal supervision.
Graduates will be able to gain employment at managerial level in a variety of multi-national enterprises, international financial services, consulting, entrepreneurial concerns and the public sector. The MB in International Business provides an effective platform for progression to the institutions MBA in International Business or to doctoral studies. During the programme students will develop research and presentation skills that will make them highly desirable to employers.