Why take this course?
The MA in Child and Youth Studies aims to equip highly competent and motivated child and youth workers and graduates of cognate disciplines with the knowledge and skills necessary to become leaders in the profession and to advance the field to internationally accepted standards of best practice. The programme has both a theoretical and practice-based focus.
What will I experience?
Graduates of the programme will:
· have a specialised knowledge of child development and risk and resilience
· have advanced knowledge of the legislative framework affecting children and youth
· appreciate and advocate the rights approach to the practice of child and youth work
· have specific training in management of child and youth settings
· be prepared to conduct, and to evaluate, research in relation to children and youth