Why take this course?
This programme aims to:
1. Provide a stimulating and challenging academic and scholarly environment for students who wish to advance their academic and professional development.
2. Enable students to develop a mastery of complex and specialised knowledge, with a critical awareness of issues at the forefront of nursing.
3. Develop conceptual knowledge and advanced understanding of how techniques of enquiry enable the critical and objective analysis, interpretation and application of research and scholarly evidence.
4. Through completion of a dissertation, challenge existing knowledge and facilitate the development of new ideas and ways of thinking.
What will I experience?
The teaching strategies employed in this Masters of Nursing programme will reflect the move from a teacher-centred approach to a learner-centred one.
This programme is designed to:
• be dynamic and challenging leadership skills using scenario and case studyapproaches
• stimulate the learner to become active in his/her own learning through reflection and debate.
The learning environments created espouse for the student to:
• feel safe,
• respected and supported
• allowing the student to become an active participant in their learning.