The programme involves a variety of delivery modes, including classroom based lectures, individual and group project work, tutorials, seminars and presentations by visiting experts. A Research Dissertation is completed by each student during Semester 3.
The programme of study is designed to progress your qualifications in the following ways:
• Deepen your technical knowledge, skills and competences in the specialised field of Structural Engineering
• Prepare you to undertake the Institution of Structural Engineers Professional Practice Examinations by developing your structural analysis and design skills to an appropriate level
• Extend your educational qualifications to a level required for Chartered Engineer status
• Develop your ability to carry out in depth research in a chosen field of Engineering, to draw conclusions from the research and present research findings
• Broaden your knowledge in other areas such as Sustainability, Management, and Business
The programme is fully accredited by Engineers Ireland as satisfying the new educational standard for the title Chartered Engineer.