Aims of the Programme
The aim of the MSc in Marketing is to enhance the prospects of its graduates in the job market and enable them to obtain entry into a variety of roles ranging from junior executive to senior marketing positions in a range of organisations both nationally and internationally. The programme is at Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications and with the combination of taught and research stage, it provides added value for both learners and employers.
The programme is academically challenging and strategically relevant in advanced marketing and will equip students with current and emerging theories that inform and comment upon the new practices of marketing within the digital media arena.
Who is the Programme aimed at?
The MSc in Marketing is a programme which has been purposely created to meet the needs of recently qualified business or marketing graduates. It seeks to further enhance students' existing knowledge of marketing theories and practice and inspires students to pursue challenging senior career opportunities in the marketing profession. In today's maturing and competitive marketing landscape, the MSc in Marketing will equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary at senior level marketing positions.
Key Features of the Programme
Key features include:
- It is delivered in small class groups which support individual learning needs
- It offers a highly supportive environment in which to learn
- It takes a global perspective
- Module content is strategic in nature and directly relates to the business world
- Delivery balances contemporary marketing theory and practice
- A rigorous scientific research approach is applied throughout the programme
- Authentic assessment strategies are employed
The programme is structured in two sequential stages. Stage 1 is a taught component, contributing 60 credits. Stage 2 is a supervised dissertation, contributing 30 credits. The dissertation provides students with the opportunity to critically review the literature in any part of the taught syllabus.
Suited to: Marketing and Business Graduates.