Aims of the Programme
The MSc in Marketing (Digital Media) is a programme which has been purposely created to meet the needs of recentlyqualified business (with marketing) or marketing graduates. It seeks to further enhance students existing knowledge of marketing theories and practice, and who aspire to pursue challenging senior career opportunities in the digital marketing profession. In todays competitive marketing landscape, this specialist MSc in Marketing (Digital Media) programme will equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary at senior level marketing positions in an ever changing digital environment.
The general philosophy of the programme is to provide a postgraduate taught educational programme, at an appropriate academic level. This will provide graduates with a blend of knowledge and skills to equip them for employment in positions in any business which requires an applied knowledge of digital marketing principles, strategic digital planning and management, web marketing, emerging digital media. They will also have the ability to create applicable solutions to every day marketing challenges.
The programme is academically challenging and strategically relevant in advanced marketing and will equip students with current and emerging theories that inform and comment upon the new practices of marketing within the digital media arena.
Key Features of the Programme
The MSc in Marketing (Digital Media) is designed to produce graduates capable of making a difference in the marketing and digital media world. It incorporates the latest academic and industry thinking to ensure that it is leading edge in all respects. The course is taught by a combination of experienced academic staff and senior industry practitioners, giving students a unique insight into the realities of this competitive area. Students are encouraged to combine theoretical knowledge with real commercial experience in a variety of marketing situations.
Key features include:
- Designed to appeal to students who wish to enhance their skills in their understanding of digital media issues within the marketing context
- Digital media incorporated into the programme will allow students the opportunity to experience digital technologies in todays marketing environment
- The programme will fast-track students understanding of this industry and gaining the skills needed to secure exciting marketing roles with leading brands and agencies around the world
- The programme will encourage students to apply a comprehensive range of analytical skills and critical thinking through the analysis of industry best practices
- The programme format will allow for a stimulating learning environment, bringing together a faculty of experts and leaders from the digital marketing environment
- Development of research skills necessary for students to successfully undertake dissertation project.