Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge
Our staff are committed to linking the Irish language with contemporary issues, and to developing and promoting digital technologies which enable anytime, anywhere access to a rich seam of Irish place names, biographies, terminology, folklore, Irish-language terminology for the EU and online language teaching and learning technologies.
Interests and Expertise
Our research interests and expertise are aimed at:
1. Developing and preserving for the future a rich store of visual, audio and written records in Irish.
2. Providing online access, at home and abroad, to online data about core aspects of Irish-language heritage and culture.
3. Making these resources freely accessible online, at home and abroad, to anyone with an interest in Ireland.
4. Connecting and showcasing research through Irish on a variety of subjects such as:
* Business and Management
* Entrepreneurship Education/ Social Entrepreneurship
* Information Technology in Language Teaching and Learning
* Organisational Behaviour
* Gaeltacht Development
* Language Policy and Planning
* Aspects of Irish language and literature