This new M.Sc. in Human Resource Management level 9 programme, located at DIT Aungier Street, draws on the acknowledged excellence of the staff at DIT in this disciplinary area. The programme is offered by the School of Management which has a close working and collaborative relationship with the key professional body, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD UK & Ireland) and the programme is structured in line with CIPD professional requirements.
The M.Sc. in Human Resource Management provides an intellectual formation and path to personal development and career advancement which equips graduates of the programme with a comprehensive understanding of the philosophies and theoretical perspectives which inform sound Human Resource Management practice. The graduate will be provided with the wide-ranging knowledge and skills necessary to commence or advance their career as a Human Resource Management professional in a national and international context. Students who complete the programme will have a rigorous conceptual framework and a systematic knowledge and understanding of the issues that are at the forefront of Human Resource Management theory and practice today.
- To apply Human Resource Management processes and functions to real Human Resource Management situations as well as general business operation issues.
- To develop graduates with high levels of professional competence and skill in Human Resource Management.
- To facilitate the student's ability to transfer acquired knowledge and skill to the Human Resource Management work and research environment.
- To raise the student's knowledge and competence in Human Resource Management to the level of strategic decision making and critical analysis.
- To provide the graduate with the research skills necessary to complete quality primary research in the Human Resource Management area.