Who should study this programme?
This programme is suited to high-potential applicants who wish to develop their capabilities in the field of strategic management.
Expertise in strategic management and planning has never been more important given the turbulent and challenging environments within which businesses now operate. At EU level change is now an ever present feature in relation to the money markets, banking and economics in general. At a global level businesses are faced with new competitors and different configurations of technologies generating new products. All this change has to be anticipated and managed by business at a strategic level to survive and indeed thrive. Graduates of this programme will be well placed to undertake strategic planning for businesses whether they are in the public, private or voluntary sectors.
Aim of this Programme
The overall aim of the Programme is to prepare business graduates for a career in management with the specific aim of accelerating their progression to senior management in the private or public sectors, consultancy and various advisory and research roles. The overarching aim is to develop participants understanding and expertise of strategy formulation and implementation and the role of the leader in this.
Participants study a range of business modules and undertake group and individual assessments to develop the functional competencies, specialist knowledge, research skills, analytical skills, leadership and soft skills necessary for strategic management and leadership.
- Deepen expertise in Strategic Management
- Focus on Leadership
- Opportunity to select your own specialism
- Company Project or Dissertation on a topic of your choice in the field of Strategic Management.
- Develop relevant analytical, communication and group work skills for todays business environment.
- Be part of a large postgraduate community (College of Business, DIT has 750 postgrad students) where you can network with people who already have a depth of knowledge across a range of domains including accounting, marketing, management, advertising, retail management and technology. Opportunities for networking at various events during the course of your study.