Endorsed by Ireland's top industry professionals for over a decade, Fitzwilliam Institute's Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management with Arranged Work Experience provides a dynamic, interactive, case-study based, workshop approach platform, to hone event management industry's best practice and skills. Empowered With Fitzwilliam Institute's practical skills approach model, you will acquire hands-on experience from key events industry figures, enabling you to become an event management professional. As a successful participant in this world-class event management program you will become an integral part of an events team, preparing both a portfolio of events and running a live event– from concept to delivery, covering the full event management lifecycle – for a real life client.
For Fitzwilliam Institute's course participants, the event management forum is an extension of the classroom. During our course, you will visit a number of Ireland's top event venues and meet many of the most successful event managers out there.
Delivered interactively by Ireland's leading industry professionals, Fitzwilliam Institute's Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management with Arranged Work Experience course takes place in Dublin City Centre and features:
• 3 Months in-class training, with interactive modules covering all aspects of the event management lifecycle: Interpreting the Event Management Client Brief, Event Management Planning, Event Planning Documentation, Coordinating Events, Event Logistics Management, Marketing the Event, Event HR, Event Team Management, Event Budget Planning, Event Legal and Risk Management, Corporate Event Management, Conference Event Management, etc. In addition, in-depth Public Relations, Online Public Relations and Social Media modules are included in this extensive course.
• Practical skills training delivery from leading industry professionals. All of Fitzwilliam Institute's event management trainers are top industry professionals with many years of successful experience in a broad range of events disciplines. Fitzwilliam Institute's event management course contains all the core and vital events industry key skillset and, on completion, all of our students are industry-ready. This training program also features a number of guest speakers from the events industry.
• Real life event briefs. You will gain exposure to a broad range of event types and prepare several real life event briefs, enabling you to develop your portfolio of events. Pitching to clients follows as you prepare, present and pitch your project briefs like event management professionals. Fitzwilliam Institute's Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management is a unique course, which will provide you with a wealth of hands-on experience, an invaluable toolkit, and the chance to put them all into practice during your 3 months arranged work placement.
• Site visits. During Fitzwilliam Institute's Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management course you will visit many of Ireland's top event venues and meet Ireland's leading event managers, gaining invaluable industry insights and contacts.
• The live event. Your practical skills training will culminate in the creation, planning, marketing, delivery and debriefing of a real life event, based in Dublin, for a real life client.
• CV preparation and interview techniques. A special feature of our course model is the time devoted to your personal development. Commencing with an initial personal interview with Fitzwilliam Institute's placement officer to assess, discuss and establish your future goals and aspirations within the events industry, vital intensive interview techniques, communications skills, team building skills workshops, interview to camera, video playback, and presentation skills continue from this, enabling you to hone your industry confidence. Careful preparation of your Curriculum Vitae, so that you have a clear and well-presented CV to submit to potential employers is a key part of this essential process.
• 3 Months of arranged work experience with leading event companies and event management departments. Fitzwilliam Institute's placement officer will work with you throughout the course to help you secure a 3 month full-time work placement within the events industry sector. This is 100% guaranteed and arranged by the Institute, as we work closely with some of Ireland's leading event management companies and professionals out there. A large percentage of our course participants secure full-time positions within the events industry sector upon completion of this course. As a result of over a decade providing practical training to the industry, a significant number of our graduates are senior figures in the event management industry today.
Arranged Work Experience
Year on year, we successfully place our students into a 3-month organised work placement as part of their full-time Postgraduate Diploma. Over 95% of our participants end up in fulltime employment with their placement company, with many carving a long and rewarding career. A significant number of our past graduates are now senior figures in these industries today