Galway Business School (GBS), in conjunction with our sister company, Galway Cultural Institute (GCI), offers a Postgraduate Foundation Programme, which prepares students to progress on to higher education in Ireland at Postgraduate level.
The transition to Masters Level can be difficult for many students, particularly for non-native speakers of English. This programme is designed to offer the maximum support to students to ensure that you achieve the skills to study, and also gain a high level of English language proficiency, in preparation for life-long learning and success. The programme offers English language classes, together with specific business modules in each semester and facilitates access to postgraduate studies at an Irish or UK higher education institution.
Programme Learning Outcomes
The Pre-Masters Programme will enable learners to:
• Identify and develop areas of strength and weakness in your English language ability and add to your academic English knowledge
• Apply knowledge gained in IELTS preparation classes to increase your IELTS exam score significantly
• Develop and demonstrate effective communication skills and apply it in your personal and professional life
• Develop ability for critical thinking, writing and debate
• Recognise the essentials of business Research Methods, evaluate different research approaches and recognise useful approaches in decision making in business
• Prepare a range of relevant material for achieving personal learning and career goals, including curriculum vitae (CV), letter of application, and personal statement using a range of relevant applications forms and processes
• Use research skills to gather a range of relevant information and materials for entry to Masters level education.
• Apply learning and knowledge gained and develop ability to sort, manage, analyse and present data orally, written and via IT
• Utilise knowledge of Irish culture to produce a presentation including reference to literature, music, sport and the Irish language.