This programme is applicable across the public, private and voluntary sector with participants from multi-professional backgrounds including social care, clinical, administrative and practitioner levels.
On completion, students will have developed enhanced contextual, cultural and professional insights into quality, safety and governance.
Graduates will be equipped with a set of skills that will have a direct impact in the safe delivery of health and social care.
This programme is a Master of Science in Health and Social Care leading to the exit award of either MSc Quality and Safety in Healthcare or MSc Quality and Safety in Social Care.
The exit award will depend on the students area of professional practice.
The programme is designed around five key themes:
1. Towards a new understanding of quality care in contemporary health and social care.
2. Improving service user safety
3. Enhancing the care experience of service users
4. Developing a systematic approach to quality improvement methodology
5. Leadership and management as quality improvement drivers in health and social care
This is an exciting blended learning approach which includes four residential sessions across each semester in year one. This offers an opportunity for ongoing networking with your fellow students without placing onerous demands on your employment responsibilities.