Broadcast Production for Radio + Television
This one-year production-centred course is for graduates of any discipline who want practical production skills in radio, online and television broadcasting plus a deep understanding of the broadcast industry today.
You will gain hands on experience in our state-of-the-art TV and Radio studios from lecturers who are active in industry and you will get a thorough practical and theoretical understanding of the modern media landscape.
This MA is designed to equip graduates for a career in modern media broadcasting.
What is Digital Broadcast Production for Radio + Television?
This is a hands on MA in broadcast production for anyone who wants to develop the skills necessary to excel as a modern broadcaster. Students will learn production skills in radio and podcast production, online distribution, single-camera and multi-camera television.
Our radio and television studios offer excellent learning spaces for learning skills from industry active lecturers. The combined practical and theoretical knowledge will lead to a broad understanding of the opportunities available to you in current and future media landscapes.
Students get to work and meet and learn from broadcast professionals including RTÉ, Virgin Media, Newstalk, TVM and more besides.
What will I do?
• Learn how to make high quality content for a variety of platforms
• Lead production teams in real world projects
• Experience a range of television studio production techniques
• Command location production techniques
• Develop your own ideas and how to pitch them to funders
• Single-camera documentary production
• Editing for radio and television
• Engage with broadcasters and other media professionals
• How to develop and promote content online
The modern broadcaster needs more than just practical skills. You will also learn about the changing landscape of broadcasting from the origins of Irish broadcasting, to the impact of global communications on audiences and programme genres such as news and current affairs, arts and culture, sports, entertainment formats and documentary.