This postgraduate diploma in business in Cultural Event Management (Level 9 - 60 credits) addresses the specific needs of the Cultural and Creative industries. The business modules are contextualised to the cultural sector and you will develop core business skills in event management.
What is Cultural Event Management?
The CCI sector is regarded as a significant contributor to the Irish economy and includes not just 'cultural' industries but also 'creative' industries. This course provides the transferable and transversal skills identified by the Expert Skills group as relevant for the labour market. The programme is delivered on Thursday evening and Friday with some Saturday workshops/masterclasses. On successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
• Understand and critically evaluate the structure and functioning of the cultural and creative industries in Ireland.
• Apply key business skills and analysis to cultural events including: event management, strategic management, strategic marketing, HR, Finance and fundraising, and Law.
• Analyse and critically evaluate cultural policy and the social and economic impacts of cultural events at national, regional and local level.
• Conceptualise, plan and develop appropriate business models for cultural events, diagnose problems and identify solutions relating to cultural events.
•Conduct sectoral research, analyse and present findings.
• Work as part of a team and/or individually.
• Think critically in light of social, cultural, philosophical and ethical business issues as they relate to cultural event management.