This business qualification in event management addresses the specific needs of the cultural and creative industries. The business modules are contextualised to the cultural sector and you will develop core business skills in event management.
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
• Critically evaluate and understand the nature of integration of business know-how e.g. strategy, marketing, HR and management as they relate to cultural event management.
• Analyse and critically evaluate cultural policy in relation to cultural event management.
• Conceptualise, plan, understand, and critically evaluate the context of cultural events.
• Diagnose problems relating to cultural event management and conduct sectoral research.
• Critically evaluate the legal and financial management issues associated with a cultural event, and develop appropriate strategies.
• Collaborate effectively on an individual basis or as a member of a team within the constraints of time, finance and other resources.
• Think critically about social, cultural and ethical business issues as they relate to cultural event management.