Postgraduate Certificates are one-year programmes in which students take the second year of IPA MA programmes. There are six options:
1. Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
2. Postgraduate Certificate in Financial Management
3. Postgraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice
4. Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Management
5. Postgraduate Certificate in Local Government Management
6. Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Strategy
Students take three or four subjects and complete a minor dissertation. For information on the subjects taken, see the descriptions under Subjects below (Year Two of the relevant MA)
Is This Programme For You?
Many graduate students are interested in a number of the fields in which the IPA offers qualifications. Students who wish to focus exclusively on HRM, Financial Management or any other of the specialisms listed above may do so by studying the second year of the MA programme. On completion, they will receive a Postgraduate Certificate in the specialism of their choice. New responsibilities at work or changes in career very often mean that instruction in a new field and an extra qualification are necessary. These one-year certificates are designed to meet such needs.