Carlow Campus: CW HRACA A
Wexford Campus: CW HXACA A
What is this programme about?
The module aims to provide participants from a range of professional /academic backgrounds with the opportunity to explore adult and community education theory, policy and practice. It will examine the historical, theoretical, and philosophical underpinnings of adult and community education and will also provide the practitioner with the knowledge and skills to develop, deliver and evaluate an adult/community education programme. It seeks to enable students to engage critically and reflexively with their role as (future) adult and community educators.
On completion of this programme, students should be able to:
• Analyse the development of adult and community education and key policy issues which support it;
• Critically examine the concept of the adult learner;
• Appraise key theories which inform current adult and community education approaches;
• Develop an adult/community education programme and deliver and evaluate an adult and community education session;
• Analyse emerging issues and trends in adult and community education.