Providing a healthy and safe work place whilst protecting the environment is now paramount for every business and industry. Our MSc in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management will provide you with practical management skills. Our online course is designed for busy professionals who wish to develop their knowledge base, network with like-minded individuals and further their career.
This is a two-year part-time course aimed at Honours Degree (Level 8) graduates of Science, Engineering or related areas. Graduates will be able to manage the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) affairs of organisations and will be capable of developing management strategies for these areas compatible with other organisational functions.
The course is delivered over two academic years.
Year 1 modules include:
• Natural Resource Management and Assessment (Semester 1 - 10 credits)
• Risk, Management and Technical Safety (Semester 1 - 10 credits)
• Occupational Health, Hygiene and Chemical Risk Management (Semester 2 - 10 credits)
• Environmental Licensing and Industrial Efficiency (Semester 2 - 10 credits)
Year 2 modules include:
• EHS Regulation (Semester 1 - 10 credits)
• Integrated Management Systems (Semester 1 - 10 credits)
A Dissertation (30 credits) is also completed as part of the course in Year 2, with Semester 2 being devoted solely to the Dissertation. Students are encouraged to undertake this research on a topic of interest to them (or their employer) and students are mentored through the research by an IT Sligo academic supervisor.
There is an option to exit with a Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental, Health and Safety Management after completing the 6 taught modules of the course (60 credits).