This programme develops a critical understanding of both classical and contemporary culinary technique and adaptation to the context of the student's own environment. A focus on innovation and food development, as well as financial and management acumen, aims to equip students with the ability to further develop their management careers within a hospitality/culinary environment.
Specifically, the programme aims to:
• Prepare students for the next stage in their careers, whether that is future study or entering/ continuing their careers in the culinary/food or wider hospitality environment;
• Develop knowledge, understanding, skills and abilities in relation to subject specific attributes within the culinary/food environment and culinary/food operations;
• Develop knowledge, understanding, skills and abilities that are relevant to/or foster the development of, a career within a broader hospitality or more generalist service business environment;
• Develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of the field including a critical awareness of current issues and developments;
• Develop an appreciation of the international context of culinary/food and hospitality management and the implications for managers of operation within this context;
• Support a critical awareness of current issues and developments in the field;
• Develop a range of generic abilities and skills that will foster progression and career development.