This two-year part time programme is aimed at non-business graduates who are looking to advance their careers by achieving a qualification in People Management. This programme will cover the key principles of People Management and is structured to maximise student learning through facilitating students to consider the implementation of such concepts and principles in a work environment. Historically, HR & people management was always regarded as a support function. More recently, with talented employees identified as a key source of competitive advantage, it has taken on a strategic business dimension. Such organisations are often more innovative, efficient and productive than their peers.
On completion, the student will achieve the following:
• Manage people effectively through a strong applied knowledge of HR and general business skills and competencies.
• Devise effective strategies around core HR functions such as talent acquisition, job design, pay and reward, learning and development and managing performance.
• Advise on employee relations issues concerning the legal context of work.
• Act as a business partner in the organisation, using a knowledge of strategic management and financial decision making to strengthen the HR function's voice.
• Influence diplomatically through an applied knowledge of work psychology.