The MA/PDip programme aims to provide you with professional education and training in the core competencies of health promotion practice by providing the following:
• Theoretical background to the concepts and principles of health promotion;
• Determinants of physical, mental and social wellbeing;
• Application of health promotion interventions across diverse population groups, topics and settings;
• Critical role of the research process in the development of knowledge and best practice in health promotion.
The MA incorporates the taught component of the PDip together with a minor dissertation based on original research. A European Dimension option entails a two-week placement in another EU member state. A full list of modules is on the course website.
3 GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. Gain valuable experience: As well as getting workplace experience, students have the opportunity to engage with international health promotion research projects, including the development of evidence-based policy and practice. .
2. Accredited programme: Accredited by the International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE).
3. Expert research staff: Lecturing staff are involved in research in the Health Promotion Research Centre, which is within the discipline of Health Promotion, and is a World Health Organisation Collaborating Centre.