This is the first clinical education course of its type in Ireland. It equips a range of health professionals with the knowledge and skills required for effective clinical education, and enables them to become clinical supervisors and motivators of student learning. Although much health professional education takes place in clinical settings, few clinicians receive the formal training in educational techniques and principles of adult learning provided by this course. The courses are delivered mostly by distance-learning, with some face-to-face workshops in Galway as follows:
• PgCert: six days (two consecutive weekdays in September and four Saturdays between October and March).
• PDip: eight days (two consecutive weekdays in September and six Saturdays between October and June).
• Master's: ten days (two consecutive weekdays in each of September, October, November, February and April).
3 Good Reasons To Study This Course
1. These courses help you create new pedagogical approaches and improve the clinical education experience for learners.
2. Flexible learning: The combination of distance-learning and face-to-face workshops allows you to engage in learning at a time and place that suits your lifestyle.
3. The course is accredited for CME, and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI). Nurse Tutor Status approval is pending.