The Level 8 Certificate in Medical Technologies Regulatory Affairs and Quality provides students with an introduction to the core elements of the product development life cycle and the associated role of a medical technology regulatory affairs and/or quality professional. The programme ensures that students acquire a good, fundamental understanding of all applicable regulations and skills to address the ever-changing environment of medical technologies regulatory affairs and quality.
The programme aims are to:
• Provide participants with a fundamental grounding in regulatory and quality requirements for medical devices;
• Provide necessary training to prepare personnel with life sciences qualifications to transition into specialist roles in medical technology quality assurance and/or regulatory affairs functions and upskill medical technology professionals in the regulatory framework in their existing roles;
• Foster participants' intellectual development and develop skills to work and communicate effectively through various media.
GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. Regulatory affairs and quality professionals at all career and experience levels are involved in activities throughout the product life cycle, and are involved in bridging the gap between regulatory-related functions and organisation and business activities.
2. This programme will equip graduates with essential knowledge and skills to work in a regulatory affairs and quality environment within the medical technology and pharmaceutical industry sectors.
3. Completing this course will open up a new opportunities and career paths, in quality and/or regulatory affairs, in both Irelandbased and international medical technologies and pharmaceutical enterprises.