Who is this course for:
• Those seeking further career advancement in a variety of high-tech industries
• Those with a deep interest in science and technology
• Those wishing to continue from a level 7 qualification such as the Diploma in Science and Technology
• Those interested in continuing professional development on a modular basis
• To provide students with a deep understanding of the theoretical foundations of science and technology
• To study in more depth areas of applied and specialist knowledge found in hightech environments
• To develop important transferable skills such as problem solving, decision making and advanced communication skills.
What type of course is it?
The modular programme in Science & Technology Studies is a part-time programme which focuses on the knowledge and skills requirements of high-tech industries. The modular structure is designed with flexibility in mind, enabling you to balance study with work and other commitments and to accumulate credits over a timeframe that suits your lifestyle. Learning is delivered jointly by NUI Galway and UL via a blend of distance and online resources, on-campus tutorials and labs, and company based projects.
The programme is the first of its kind in Ireland. Learning is delivered via a combination of distance and online resources, on-campus tutorials and practical sessions, and company-based projects. The modular structure enables you to study at a pace that suits you. The syllabus provides a comprehensive grounding in the foundations of Science, Engineering and Technology, and introduces areas of specialist knowledge found in high-tech operational environments.