The MEd (Special and Inclusive Education) offers teachers who have successfully completed the PDip (Special Educational Needs), and obtained a H2.1 award or higher, the opportunity to continue their study and conduct educational research that will assist them further in effectively supporting students with special educational needs in their schools.
On successful completion of the programme participants will be able to:
• Outline a range of research paradigms, and methodology in research on Special Education Needs (SEN);
• Identify, critically evaluate and justify an appropriate methodological strategy for proposed thesis/project;
• Analyse research data;
• Complete a SEN focused study that will provide an opportunity to demonstrate the ability to engage in primary research and consolidate the learning outcomes achieved in the other modules on the programme.
3 Good Reasons To Study This Course
1. The programme offers a dynamic learning environment.
2. Self-directed learning is supported by academic staff and a personal supervisor.
3. The programme provides professional enrichment and can facilitate career advancement.